Version 0.2! Coins and fall indicators!
Flewberry version 0.2 is out now, with a whole lot of improvements!
As the title of this devlog suggests, two changes highlight this update:
- Shiny coins can now be collected during gameplay! These coins are added to your score at the end of a game and accumulated in your save data (although the latter is not shown in-game yet). These coins will be redeemable in the upcoming shop, so be sure to get collecting!
- Tired of flying blindly? We know our Birbs are, so we've added an indicator to the UI that shows where objects will fall from! Now you can create a strategy for your Birb: will it anticipate object positions for points, or will it avoid any risk of hitting a game-ending durr?
Several smaller but noticeable changes have also been made in this update:
- Sometimes the Birbs' tiny bodies would slip between connected platforms. This has been fixed by modifying collision detection and making it so all connected platforms are unable to move.
- The first body part growth now occurs when a stat is at 15 instead of 25. They grow up so fast!
- Birbs have learned how to better express themselves! They now do a little dance when one of their body parts grows!
- The house now has a food bowl that your Birb will eat from. While berries are yummy, a balanced diet is important!
- Birbs' ears have gotten stronger! You can now hear calming sounds of nature during gameplay!
- Requested by popular demand, berries now fall at a slower velocity, making them easier to catch!
- Fixed a bug that caused certain platform rows to only contain spikes. How dare they interrupt your flight?!
- Moving platforms are now a darker shade of red, so as to help the fall indicators stand out.
- People always tell me to reduce my work time, so I did just that: the in-game timer has been shrunken!
- How the Birb sprites are mirrored has been modified. This shouldn't be noticeable in-game, but it's worth mentioning in case any related bugs arise.
- The in-game credits have been updated.
Thank you for playing Flewberry! Let us know how the update is, and stay tuned for the opening of the in-game shop!
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.